Friday, March 5, 2010

Inspirational Fridays.....

The weekend is upon us again (HAPPY JOY!). As we close another week, we'd like you to take a few minutes to read all about what inspires fellow CRESTer, Angie, from Suds N' Such. Now, ask yourself....What inspires you?

What inspires me? Well, mostly it's my love of baking. Soapmaking is actually a lot like baking. You can't just throw things together in a pot and hope it turns out right. Ingredients have to be measured accurately, you have to spend time blending it together properly, and then you need to be patient as you wait for the final product. If you look at my shop, you'll see that most of my items either look like food or smell like food. I'll see a yummy cupcake in a cookbook and think "Wow! That would make a cute soap!"

I'm also inspired by other soapmakers. My first handmade soap was discovered in a gift shop on a trip out west as a teenager. I never realized that soap could be so pretty and smell so good! I was afraid to use it because it was so wonderful. A few years later I decided to make my own soap as Christmas Gifts and eventually started selling it. That's when I discovered Etsy and all the wonderful soapmakers there. I'm still in awe of all the beautiful swirls and other things that can be done with a bar of soap.

Another inspiration is my daughter. She's a 7 year old with a great imagination and no concept of limits. She'll look at something and tell me I should make a soap just like it. She doesn't accept it if I tell her it would be too hard to make. I've learned from her that I need to find ways to do something instead of reasons not to.

1 comment:

  1. hair extensions can help you get rid of the frustration you're having with your hair.


    How are clip in hair extensions being put up? It is braided together with the natural hair.



    If you end up going to a cheap hair extensions Australia hair dresser who has no training and is

    inexperienced, you could end up with permanently damaged hair.

    ReplyDelete