Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Moonlight Bindery

http://moonlightbindery.etsy.com

Coptic Bound Lego Book- Build your Own Cover Design

Notes from the Artist:

I have been working with books for 17 years. When I was just out of college I started
taking classes in bookbinding and book conservation. I have been working as a book
conservator on and off for the last ten years. I love what I do! When I found out about Etsy I decided to take all the paper I had collected over the years and make some fine bindings.

Recently I have been experimenting with making books out of alternative materials. I
made a couple of books with covers made of Shrinky Dinks and now I have the Lego book.
Maybe I am just getting in touch with my inner 7 year old! The book is made from two 5" square white Lego base plates. I drilled holes in the plates and created a coptic binding with about 80 pages (160 if you count back and front) of recycled white paper. I include 20 flat Lego pieces so that the customer can make the book cover any design they want. I am so happy with the way it turned out!

My Craft Space:

I make all my books in my home studio. My studio takes over two rooms in the basement
of my house. There is a little window and lots of space! I seem to keep creeping into the hallway and may take over the whole basement at the rate I am moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment