Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Bodil Lund Jewelry Design

http://bodil0331.etsy.com
Large Heart Stone Pendant

Notes from the Artist:
I have been fascinated with jewelry and gemstones for as long as I can remember. My second love is the beach, any beach, anywhere, anytime...... About four years ago I decided to put it all together and embark on a new journey of design and metalsmithing.

I work in sterling silver, fine (.999) silver, gold, and recycled metals. Incorporated into most of my work are natural gemstones and pearls.

Pictured here is one of my newest pieces: a naturally shaped Heart Stone pendant cast in solid sterling silver. It is a lovely three dimensional piece with the texture and feel of the original stone. I have several different hearts in my series, collected over the years from beaches near and far. Each is a unique treasure, comforting to hold in all its imperfections.

My Craft Space:
I attend workshops at The Art League School in Alexandria, VA on a regular basis, so the majority of my work is done there. The design and finishing touches are done in my home office. Nothing fancy, but it works for me.

1 comment:

  1. Bodil is an amazing jeweler, I met her at the studio in Alexandria and her work is outstanding! I'm glad she joined Etsy!!!

    ReplyDelete