Sunday, March 23, 2008

Penelope Designs

http://penelopedesign.etsy.com"

Sari Silk Knit Purse

Notes from the Artist:
I am a self proclaimed ADD crafter - I love to knit, crochet, bead, decoupage, and usually have about 7 or 8 different projects in different media going on at the same time! I work in creative bursts, so while I constantly have a knitting or crochet project going on, I will be fallow with jewelry and then go crazy one day and make 10 or 12 new pieces in a span of a few hours! I am always looking to try out new things, especially yarn, and just loved the bright colors of the recycled sari silk and the story behind it. This yarn is woven from worn out saris (very eco-friendly) and provides a good income to the women who spin it in Nepal and India. No two skeins are ever the same, given the nature of the material, and you never know how the piece is going to look when you start, which is half the fun! I sort of made up the pattern for this handbag as I went along, and found a cool wood toggle button to give it an even more distinctive look.

My Craft Space: well, I don't really have just one space that I work! As a knitter and crocheter, I take my work with me just about everywhere I go - I even knit in the car at stop lights! It is a great way to fill up time when you are hanging out a doctor's offices as well....Most of my jewelry making is done in my family room (much to my family's dismay), and I usually have several different projects going on at the same time, as you can see in the photo. While I am usually a very organized person, this is one place where I just let everything go! I also do most of my photography of my Etsy items here, since the natural light is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment